Code of Conduct for Learners
All learners are expected to conduct themselves in a disciplined manner in all places and at all times and project the good name of their school by their courteousness, good manners and conversation. Learners should be kind, considerate and co-operative with their fellow learners and educators at all times.
The whole hearted co-operation of the parents is expected at all times in the formation of the character of their children. As the learner progresses from the lower to the higher classes, he/she will be given increasing opportunities to shift from externally imposed order to self-imposed order and self-imposed discipline.
Conduct and Discipline
- Learners are answerable to the school authorities for their conduct both in and outside school premises.
- When learners are walking along the corridors up and down the stairs and as while changing classes, they must walk in silence and walk towards the grill side.
- Pupils should be careful and should avoid throwing litter anywhere except in the bins provided for the purpose.
- No presents or other gestures are allowed for any of the staff.
- Learners should not bring mobile phones, I-pods, ipads, DVDs, CDs, PSP, Discman and similar gadgets to school. The school reserves the right to confiscate such gadgets.
- Learners shall bring only such materials to school as are connected with the school activity. Learners are forbidden from bringing water balloons & crackers or other material that might disturb the school environment /ambience.
- Chewing gum or similar substances must not be brought to the school.
- Learner shall not wear ornaments or jewellery in school.
- need to take every care to preserve and protect the classroom and school property. Parent/Guardian shall compensate for any damages/loss caused by their ward.
- The school does not accept responsibility for loss of books, pens, money and other valuables.
- Learners should greet guests, visitors and members of the staff politely and show them due respect.
- Learners are required to display good manners, be polite and courteous to one another and avoid the use of the objectionable language.
- Money should not be lent or borrowed and articles should not be exchanged and slid in school premises.
- In subordination, immortality, vandalism, smoking and malpractices such as copying and cheating during test and exams are punishable offences and will be dealt with appropriately.
- The use of the office telephone by learner is restricted to emergencies and may be used with the permission of the coordinator. No mobile phones are permitted.
- The learner organizer must be brought daily to the school.
- Learners must not remain absent before any exam unless leave has been given. In case a learner is absent, necessary action will be taken.
- Parent/Guardian shall meet the educators on the Open day.
- Parent/Guardian shall meet the educators only with the prior appointment on any other day.
- If the educator has called the parent/guardian for discussions concerning the child, they need to respond promptly and personally. Parents/Guardian are required to attend the meeting personally and not send anyone else to represent them.
- Parents/Guardians are expected to co-operate with the school authorities by enforcing regularity and discipline.
- The school property should be handled carefully. Learners must refrain from defacing and writing on wall, tables or chairs. Utmost care must be taken when handling the computers, interactive boards, overhead projectors and air conditioners.
- Any damage done, even by accident must be reported immediately to the class educator or coordinator. Any damage committed wilfully or by carelessness will have to be compensated for.
- Care of all classroom property is the responsibility of the learners who occupy it.
- Learners utilizing the computer, physics, biology lab or any other resource rooms are expected to be careful while using the equipment therein and laboratory rules must be adhered to.
- Learners should look after their own possessions with utmost care.
- Valuables should not be brought to the school.
- The school is not responsible for any loss of valuables or articles such as laptops, books, clothes, money, calculators, snack boxes etc.